The price of gasoline is on everyone’s mind, and a favorite topic at the water cooler. Some people have switched to a hybrid car, some others have traded-in their gasoline guzzler for a gasoline “sipper”, while others have switched or are thinking about switching their credit cards to a Gas Rebate credit card.
If changing your car is in your future, you might want to consider another strategy for easing the sticker shock of a new car: have you thought about Automotive credit cards? It might be a wise idea, especially since new small cars cost more – relatively speaking – then used large cars.
Popular during the 90’s when everyone was upgrading, many of these programs are still in effect, although they are not been advertised much.
Typically you sign up for a auto manufacturer’s credit card, and your rewards can be used toward the down payment of a new car from that manufacturer.
Of course if you have a Lexus Pursuits Visa card, and then you are looking to buy a Subaru car, you can’t apply the rewards from one manufacturer’s credit card toward the purchase of another manufacturer’s car. Unless you carry the Citibank’s Driver’s Edge card, where you can apply the rewards toward the purchase of any car, regardless of the manufacturer, and it applies to both new and used cars.
- 3% Earnings toward an eligible, new GM vehicle,
- 1% toward the purchase of any other new vehicle,
- 1% cash back ($100 increments)
- 0% Introductory APR on Balance Transfers Terms and Conditions
- No limit on how much you can earn
- Earn even more at the GM Cardmember Bonus Shop
- Earn Reward Points for every purchase you make
- Redeem your Reward Points for Parts and Services at authorized Mercedes-Benz dealerships, as well as for other Mercedes-Benz exclusives
- No annual fee
- Opportunity to customize and create your own reward.
- Earn Reward Points for every purchase you make.
- Redeem your Reward Points for Parts and Services at authorized Mercedes-Benz dealerships, as well as for other Mercedes-Benz exclusives.
- Use your Reward Point to match your lifestyle, like using them towards one of the premium vacation packages available.
- You can donate your Reward Points to your local charity of choice.
- 3% in Subaru Reward Dollars – up to $500 per year – redeemable at any authorized Subaru dealership in the Continental United States, including Alaska.
- A low 0% Introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for up to 6 months with no annual fee.
- Plus receive 25 Subaru Reward Dollars after your first purchase.
- Redeem your Subaru Reward Dollars for Subaru parts, Subaru service, lease or purchase of a brand new Subaru vehicle or purchase of a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Subaru.
- Free additional cards are available for your family or friends – with all the rewards redeemable to your account.
- Keep track of your Subaru Reward Dollars the easy way. For each 100 Subaru Reward Dollars you accrue, you will automatically receive a coupon attached to your billing statement. You can also check your progress 24/7 through online access to your account.
- Experience Rewards Like No Other. More than your typical credit card, Lexus Pursuits Visa offers unrivaled benefits and exclusive rewards developed with Lexus owners in mind.
- Earn Rewards: Lexus Pursuits Visa Cardmembers earn Lexus Pursuits Points with every purchase.
- Redeem Rewards: Reward redemption is simple and convenient.
- Rewards Calculator: Determine how easily you can earn and use your Lexus Pursuits Points.
- Travel Rewards: The optional Travel Rewards Program offers convenience and flexibility.
- Enjoy superior concierge services and no pre-set spending limit.
- Enhance your total driving experience with the Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge Rewards Visa credit card. It’s the card that not only gives you the buying-power and benefits you want, but works for you to earn valuable points that can be used for things you need.
- Every purchase made using your Rewards Visa card earns points, which can then be converted to Dealer Dollars Certificates.
- Redeemable toward the purchase of a new, used or Five Star Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
- Use them for maintenance, repairs or collision services at Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships, Mopar Parts and Authentic Accessories by Mopar; or branded Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge merchandise.
- You can also redeem your points online for your Chrysler Financial monthly vehicle payment or toward excess wear and tear at lease end.
- YOUR CAR. YOUR CARD: It’s the only credit card that lets you configure a custom MINI.
- Enjoy MINI Motoring Rewards.
- No annual fee.
- A 4.99% introductory APR on all purchases for 6 months.
- Earn 6% rebates on gas station, supermarket & drugstore purchases for 12 months; 3% thereafter.
- Earn 1% rebates on all other purchases to use towards a new, used or leased vehicle of your choice.
- Redeem your rebates for automotive service & repairs.
- 0% APR on Balance Transfers for up to 12 months based on your application and credit history.
- Enroll to earn additional rebates for the miles you drive.
- Convert your rebates to ThankYou Points & redeem for merchandise & gift cards.
- No Annual Fee.
(*) See each card’s official web site for details.