Some credit cards let you make purchases and then your pay after, but other cards like the prepaid MasterCard require you to pay beforehand. These two different types of cards require different forms of activation.
When it comes to prepaid cards, you have to make a certain amount in deposit for you to use the card. So whatever you put down as your deposit is the amount that’s going to be available on your credit line. So if you use $500 to activate your card, you’ll be able to charge $500 on the card.
MasterCard prepaid cards have to be activated before you can use them. This can be challenging for some people as it might be the first time you’ve used a prepaid card. Well, here is how you can activate services for your prepaid MasterCard online today.
How Prepaid MasterCard Works
Prepaid cards work pretty much as your normal debit cards. You have to load them before you can use them. The difference, however, comes in with the idea of line of credit for prepaid cards.
The debit cards have no line of credit and in essence aren’t credit cards. For the prepaid credit cards, you get a line of credit that is usually equal to the amount you deposit. The amount you deposit is what makes the account active in the end.
The activation fee, however, is just that, an activation fee. To activate the card for use, you have to ensure that you have activated it either though visiting the bank or you can activate it online. To activate the card online today, you can use the procedure that is below.
Requirements for Online Approval
There are certain requirements that you need to have to be able to activate your prepaid MasterCard online. However, the requirements aren’t as general as you may have thought of when you thought of applying for the card. Each issuer of a card has their own set of requirements that you need to have to activate the card online.
There are others that you can’t even activate online. In these cases, you have to check in with your issuer and confirm how you can activate the card. Ensure that you know exactly how your card is to be activated before you think of applying for that card.
How to Activate
- First of all, you need to visit the website where the card you had applied for was issued from. You can get the website from the packaging of your card. Just look around the whole packaging of the card until you find the website.
- If you don’t find the website you can contact the issuer for more information. You can’t activate your card online without the website.
- You now need to enter the activation number followed by your pin. Both the activation key and the pin are provided by the issuer. This is another part that if you go wrong you can’t complete your activation.
- You need to enter as listed above. First, enter your activation key, confirm if it is the one that was provided. Only after you have confirmed should you enter your pin. Enter a pin that is quite easy for you to remember.
- Always remember to never enter your birth year as your pin. This is for security reasons as most criminals tend to try out your birth year first before they can move on to other combinations as your credit card is likely to get lost together with your ID.
- Now, click on the submit button. This is to confirm that the info you have entered is correct and doesn’t need any editing before. You’ll find either the “Activate” or “Submit” buttons on your activation page.
- The last step is now on your card. Remove any sticker that your card has. You should then sign your card now.
You can’t use a card without, first of all, activating it. For prepaid MasterCards, these are the easy steps that you can use to ensure that you don’t have to go to your bank to activate your card. These steps are easy to follow and you should be up and going in no time.
Note: There are risks involved when applying for and using a credit card. Consult the bank’s terms and conditions page for more information.