Opening a credit card is one of the most important financial moves a person can make. However, not all credit cards cater to your needs. US Bank might just have the card for you, though.
It is important to know the specific features, benefits, and challenges posed by the card you are considering to get. Individuals looking for a dynamic credit card that offers benefits in all areas may just find what they are looking for from the US Bank. The bank carries a selection of cards for people with different needs and preferences. This way, the bank makes sure that its clients and potential customers have viable choices that suit them.
One of the most worthwhile options is the US Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card. From purchases and balance transfers to credit management and monitoring, you can rest assured knowing that your card has all your needs covered. Here’s what you need to know about this card.
Why You’ll Want the US Bank Visa® Platinum Card
The US Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card gives a wide variety of advantageous offers, including low introductory annual percentage rates (APR), automation and security features. This card is equipped with security measures such as fraud protection, allowing you to save money and shielding you from fraudulent activities.
You can get a 0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers for 18 months. You can use this to your advantage when paying off debt balances, handling emergencies, and making significant purchases using your card. Just make sure that you take advantage of this offer within the introductory period. For instance, the balance transfer promotion only applies for balances transferred within 60 days of account opening.
In addition, with this card, you also won’t have to pay any annual fees! Plus, US Bank allows you to determine the day you would like your payment to be due. This way, you can strategically choose a time when you get paid. With this feature, you won’t have to worry about making your paychecks last until your payment is due.
Did you know that this credit card was rated one of the 10 best credit cards of 2019 by Nerdwallet? If that isn’t enough to sell you, consider the fact that this card allows you 24/7 account access through online banking and the mobile app. By having this card, you can also make use of AutoPay and check your credit score for free!
Why You Might Not Want This Card
Although, as described above, the benefits of this card are plentiful, there is no rewards program. While this card offers introductory advantages, you cannot accumulate points of any kind. Though many cards today offer cashback and rewards incentives, this car is unfortunately not one of them. If the ability to utilize a rewards program is important to you, then this card may not be the right fit.
Important Numbers: APR, Interest Rate & Fees
- APR for Purchases: 0% introductory for the first 18 billing cycles (14.49% to 25.49% after that
- APR for Balance Transfers: 0% introductory for the first 18 billing cycles (14.49% to 25.49% after that)
- Annual Fees: $0
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% or $5 minimum
- Cash Advance Fee: 4% or $10 minimum
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 2% for foreign purchases or foreign ATM advances in U.S. Dollars; 3% for foreign purchases or foreign ATM advances in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $39
- Over Limit Fee: $0
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $35
Apply Easily Online
For those wanting to apply for this card, there are several eligibility requirements you must meet in order to qualify for it. You must be at least 18 years old. You also must be a legal resident of the United States and have a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
You can start your application by hitting the “Apply Now” button on the US Bank website. Keep in mind that you will need to enter your full legal name, contact information, and employment info. You might also need to provide financial details and credit background information.
As with other banks, you may be asked to provide a credit limit you want. However, the bank will issue a limit based on your creditworthiness. Your financial, employment, and expense information can also be important factors in deciding your credit limit.
US Bank Address and Contact Information
To make sure that everything is in order before applying or if you simply want to clarify some things, then it is smart to get in touch with the bank. You can call 800-717-6166 or simply use the website’s Location Search function to find branches near you.
How to Guarantee Approval
If you are wanting to apply for this credit card but are not sure if you will be approved, here are a few tips to help!
- Ensure you have a good credit score: Don’t apply for this credit card if you do not have a good credit score. Having a good, or better yet, an excellent credit score will greatly improve your chances of being approved. If your credit score is poor, you should work on improving it before you apply.
- Pay off outstanding credit card debt: If you have another credit, it is best to pay off large balances before you apply for a new card. Having a substantial balance on another card can hinder your chances of getting approved.
- State all of your income: Being able to show significant income can go a long way in showing your ability to use and pay for a credit card. Therefore, if you have multiple income streams, they should all be included in your application.
Having a flexible credit card makes making transactions easier. If you are interested in this card, you can start the application process by filling out the online form or by getting in touch with the bank via phone or at a local branch. Use your credit card wisely, and enjoy.
Want to keep looking?
Perhaps you are not convinced that this is the right card for you. Maybe you want a card that will let you earn rewards while you spend. If this is the case, don’t worry! There are many other options out there.
Note: There are risks involved when applying for and using a credit card. Please see the bank’s Terms and Conditions page for more information.